Access Keys:

 
 
Tír na nÓg Primary School, Ballyclare

About Us

Tír na nÓg is the parish school of Ballyclare and Ballygowan Parish, catering for the educational needs of its primary children.

It is a co-educational, Catholic maintained school.

The original school was built by Father James O’Neill in 1886. It was Father Michael Kelly who was responsible for the building of the present school, which was officially opened in October 1974.

Tír na nÓg has a rich historical heritage and fine educational tradition. Many people who have gone on to develop distinguished careers look back with appreciation to their early days as pupils of the school.

The policy of our school is to share positively with parents in creating a safe and caring environment, where each child during their school years may develop their full potential in every aspect of their growth. Indeed the success of our school depends on good co-operation between staff, pupils and parents.

Tír na nÓg has always maintained high standards of educational practise. We will go forward with confidence as we continue to equip children for the world of work and leisure in the most appropriate way.